Our Design Build Model
Offering comprehensive Pre-Construction Services is a great way for the Developer, Architect, Engineers, General Contractor and trades to work together as a team and create one set of cost effective working documents to submit for permits. The following “Design Build Model” illustrates the process and advantages of the design build concept.
- Commercial and Industrial Turn-Key Projects
- Custom Homes
- Mid-Rise Concrete Structures with deep foundations and post-tension slabs.
- Institutional, ALF and Skilled Nursing Facilities, Hospitals and Medical Buildings
- Financial Institutions
- Interior Build-Outs and Renovations –Commercial and Industrial
- Religious and Educational Facilities
Property management and Condo Association Repair and Maintenance
- Restoration and repair of concrete structures
- Extending the life of the structure
- Building / Condo repairs – spalding concrete, cracking, stucco peeling, foam EIFS, (architectural foam) – keystones,surface repair, decks, balcony, chuncks of concrete coming off building, railing coming off concrete
- Dams that wash out, such as a weir – water overflow dam type
- Package projects to do all at once so less expensive. We will manage the entire job, for example while putting on a new roof we will roof water proof, paint, do structural repairs, using equipment such as man lifts and scaffolds to safely work on condos, high rises and multi-family condos.
Benefits of Design-Build
It is important to note that the design-build method often saves the owner money on the overall project. The combined effects of carrying a construction loan (which typically carries a higher interest rate than permanent financing) and an earlier useful on-line date usually yields considerable overall profitability to the project and may make seemingly unfeasible projects into genuine opportunities.
The compression is an important aspect of the implementation of this system. Other attributes include:
- Enhanced communication between the service provider and the client
- Increased accountability by the service provider
- Single source project deliver
- A Value based project feedback system
Because the design parameters of a project are being developed along with the budgetary goals, construction methodologies and budget conditions being weighed simultaneously, a project is more likely to be realized than with a pure design approach. The owner has greater access to the “team” working on project development as the project is being developed. This efficiency is not a negative “short cut” as a rule, but rather the keystone to the success of the Design& Build model.