When building a new house, people often turn to architects to kick off the project. However, a different model is becoming more popular: design-build. Instead of dividing tasks between separate architect and construction companies, you can hire a design-build firm to cover your entire project, from the initial design through final construction. This offers many advantages, including:
1. The design-build method of building your custom home saves the owner money on the overall project.
2. There is enhanced communication between the service provider (builder) and the client.
3. Increased accountability from the builder – he is overseeing the process from start to finish.
4. Less likely chance of going over budget due to single source project management and delivery.
5. The home owner has greater access to the ‘team’ working on the project, this is the keystone to the success of the design/build model